Acupuncture, one of the eight braches of Traditional Chinese Medicine, has been used as a comprehensive medical system throughtout Asia for the past 3,000 years. Introduced to the Western world approximately 50 years ago, it has become recognized as an evidence-based medical system and endorsed by National Institute of Health (NIH) where continuing research is proving acupuncture's success in treating a variety of conditions.
Most people experience a deep sense of relaxation and well-being during the treatments as acupuncture balances the nervous system, reduces tension, and alleviates pain. Regular treatments are a great way to increase energy, improve digestion, and reduce overall stress and tension.
Some conditions that may benefit from acupuncture include:
- Pain relief: chronic and acute pain, headaches, knee pain, fibromyalgia, back pain, arthritis, muscular disorders
- Women's health issues: PMS, fertility, hot flashes, menstrual disorders
- Digestive disorders: IBS, IBD, acid reflux, abdominal pain
- Psycho-emotional disorders: stress, anxiety, depression, PTSD, insomnia
- Respiratory conditions: sinus congestion, asthma, allergies
- Side effects from cancer treatment: fatigue, chemo-induced nausea and vomiting